Sondo Design Pty Ltd (ABN 29 642 368 803) is serious about your privacy and committed to compliance with privacy laws. This policy explains how and for what purposes we use the information collected about you via this Website.
By using the Website and any content, products or services we offer via the Website, you are agreeing to be unconditionally bound by this policy in respect of the information collected about you via this Website.
1. What Personal Information do we collect?
When you use our Website you may provide us with Personal Information. We use this to provide you with a better product or service.
We only collect Personal Information about you that is reasonably necessary for us to provide you with and improve our products or services and to keep you informed about our products or services. We collect different information depending on our relationship with you, which we will make clear to you at the time we collect that information. Some Personal Information may include:
Your personal details such as first and last name, business name, postal/ email address, telephone number; and
Other information about you that you voluntarily supply to us such as your industry or preferences.
We don’t own or control other third party websites, content, services or applications (“Third Party services”), so you should review their privacy policies and terms.
We may also collect the following additional, specific Personal Information from you:
Mailing list Information: When you access the Website, you may provide information that could be Personal Information such as your name, email address, position, industry, company and company address.
IP Address/ Cookies: We also collect details of the IP address of the computer(s) you use to access this website. This is a security measure designed to assist in protecting us, you and other users from unlawful use of our website or other unlawful activity related to our website. When you visit our Website, social media pages or mobile applications or click on our advertisements on the online media of other companies, we may collect information about you using technology which is not apparent to you, for example “cookies”. We may monitor the IP address of your computer or place a cookie in the browser files of your computer to provide you with better access to any automated features of the Website.
Aggregate Information: We may collect statistical information about how both unregistered and registered users, collectively, use the services, and we may also collect de-identified analytics results derived from users of the services, which removes any personal information which could identify the user (“Aggregate Information”). Some of this Aggregate Information is derived from Personal Information. However, statistical and analytics results information is non-Personal Information and can’t be tied back to you or your web browser. Certain non-Personal Information could become Personal Information if it is aggregated with other pieces of data in a way that enables you to be identifiable. We may at times combine non-Personal Information with Personal Information to better deliver the products or services and special offers and ads to you and also to better understand how our Website and the products or services are used. In the event that such data is combined, it will not be shared with third parties.
Shared information: Unless we state otherwise, we use all collected information for internal purposes only. From time to time, we may obtain information (such as electronic mail addresses) from third party providers. If we do, we endeavour to contact only those individuals who we believe may have a legitimate business interest in our Website or services, and who have indicated a willingness to be contacted for this purpose. We are not agents for, and do not accept responsibility for, the privacy practices of third parties.
2. How do we use and hold Personal Information?
We will only use your Personal Information for the reasons we collected it. It will be reasonably apparent to you when you provide us with Personal Information how we may use that information and whom it may be disclosed to. Generally, we will use and hold Personal Information in order to:
- to learn of your likely preferences so that we may promote our goods or services to you in a way which may be of most interest to you;
- make general improvements to our Website and the products and services we offer;
- analyse how users are making use of the Website;
- notify you of certain offers, promotions and new products or services (subject to your right to unsubscribe or opt-out);
- to contact you for the purpose of research, product development, or customer service;
- to assist in investigating your complaints and enquiries;
- market and advertise relevant products and services. This may include us and our affiliates and/or partners sending you information about products and services that will be relevant to you, by email, mobile messaging, postal mail or direct telephone contact.
All of the above are subject to your stated preferences; we and our content partners will always make it clear how you can prevent i.e. opt-out of these uses. When marketing to you, your Personal Information is only ever used or disclosed for our own purposes.
3. Why do we disclose Personal Information?
We may use or disclose Personal Information you provide us:
- for the purpose it was collected – for example, to supply our products or services to you, respond to you and to operate our businesses;
- if we sell all or part of our business(es) and the buyer also requires your Personal Information;
- to enforce our legal rights or those of others;
- to prevent actual or potential fraud or illegal activity;
- to known third parties who provide Services to us ranging from technology, data storage, website hosting, marketing or operations; or
- if we are required to do so by law.
We will only use or disclose your Personal Information as required by law or permitted by the Australian Privacy Principles and the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
4. How to we store your Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be stored by us in various forms, including both electronic and hardcopy. You should be aware that there are inherent risks associated with the transmission of Personal Information via the internet, however, we will take reasonable steps to maintain the integrity and security of any Personal Information we have stored, including taking reasonable steps to prevent interference and loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure of such Personal Information.
5. How can you access or enquire about your Personal Information?
We will provide you with access to any of your Personal Information we hold (except in limited circumstances recognised by law). If you wish to access your Personal Information or have an enquiry about privacy, please contact our Directors at: [email protected].
6. How can you complain about our management of Personal Information?
If you wish to complain about a breach of the privacy rules that bind us, you may contact our Directors at the above email address. We may ask you to put your complaint in writing and to provide details about it. We may discuss your complaint with our personnel and our service providers and others as appropriate. We will investigate the matter and attempt to resolve it in a timely way. We will inform you in writing about the outcome of the investigation. If we do not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction and no other complaint resolution procedures are agreed or required by law, we will inform you that your complaint may be referred to the Privacy Commissioner for further investigation and will provide you with the Commissioner’s contact details.
7. How secure is your Personal Information?
We understand how sensitive your Personal Information is and how important it is to keep it secure. We take reasonable precautions to secure your Personal Information both within our computer systems and their physical premises. We will take reasonable steps to:
- Protect your information from misuse, loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure both physically and through computer security methods;
- and Destroy or permanently de-identify the information if it is no longer needed for any permitted purpose.
8. Notifiable Data Breaches Scheme
In the event of any loss, or unauthorised access or disclosure of your personal information that is likely to result in serious harm to you, we will investigate and notify you and the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (“OAIC”) as soon as practicable, in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988.
9. Changing Personal Information
If you wish to edit, update or delete your Personal Information which we hold, you can do so by contacting us. We may need to verify your identify before completing any requests. We may charge a reasonable fee for giving access to your Personal Information if your request requires substantial effort on our part. If you need to correct your Personal Information, please contact our Privacy Officer at one of the above contact details.
If you delete certain types of information you may be prevented from accessing some Website features or services. Activity generated prior to deletion may still remain stored by us and may be made publicly available. At your request we will delete you from our mailing lists. If you no longer wish to receive communications from us, please unsubscribe or contact our Privacy Officer.
11. Further questions and more information
If at any time you would like to contact us with your views about our privacy practices, any misuse of your information or with any enquiry relating to your Personal Information, you can do so by emailing [email protected]. More information about privacy law and privacy principles is available from the Privacy Commissioner. The Privacy Commissioner may be contacted at www.oaic.gov.au (email: [email protected])